Payment with: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
Title: Magazine Of American History Vol. XXVII Jan–June 1892
With Notes And Queries
Edited By: Mrs. Martha J. Lamb
Publication Information: New York City.
Additional Information: 492 pages. Illustrated (approx. 50). Detailed index in the back. No paper covers on issues. I have more of these volumes.
Summary: Contents Include:
· The Enterprise of Christopher Columbus. Hon. Arthur Harvey, I. & II.
· The Secret Societies of Princeton University. Thomas Hotchkiss, Jr.
· A Short Lived American State. Henry E. Chambers.
· Was America Discovered by the Chinese. Rev. Alfred Kingsley Glover, D.D.
· Prince Henry the Navigator. Mrs. Martha J. Lamb.
· The Scot in America. Ex-Lieutenant-Govenor R. S. Robertson.
· Arnold’s Residence in Philadelphia. George Newell Lovejoy.
· Sketch of John Badollet, 1758—1837. Hon. E. A. Bryan.
· Correspondence of Patrick Henry and John Adams, May and June, 1776
· Sketch of Collis P. Huntington
· The Petition for the Release of Jefferson Davis
· Canada. From a European View, 1761
· Original Documents
· Unpublished Letter of Dr. Benjamin Rush, 1793
· Notes, Queries, and Replies (in multiple issues)
· Societies (in multiple issues)
· Book Notices (in multiple issues)
· Minority Report of the Electoral Commission, 1877. Hon. Charles Cowley.
· Sketch of the Painting of the Electoral Commission. Mrs. Martha J. Lamb.
· The Virginia of the Revolutionary Period. Hon. William Wirt Henry.
· Tribute to the Memory of Theodore Parker. Hon. Charles K. Tuckerman.
· Slavery in the Territories Historically Considered. Hon. James C. Welling. I. & II.
· Pen Portraits of General (Stonewall) Jackson. Mary Anna Jackson.
· General Francis Marion’s Grave. Shirley Carter Hughson.
· Why Study Genealogy? Frederic Allison Tupper.
· The Historical American Exhibition at Madrid. Barr Ferree.
· Some Recent Discoveries concerning Columbus. Charles Kendall Adams.
· Once Famous Louisburg. John George Bourinot, C.M.G.
· Patrick Henry in the Virginia Convention, 1788. Hon. William Wirt Henry.
· A Group of Missouri’s Giant Lawyers. Colonel John Doniphan.
· Career of Benjamin West. Mrs. Martha J. Lamb.
· Origin of the Arbutus. An Indian Legend. Professor Frederic Allison Tupper.
· A Corner of Colonial Pennsylvania. Henry C. Michener.
· Anecdotes of the Dark Day of 1780
· Significance Given to Common Words
· The Walters Collection of Art Treasures. Mrs. Martha J. Lamb.
· Loyalty to Our Country. Rev. Morgan Dix, D.D.
· The Expansion of the United States. Ethelbert D. Warfield, LL.D.
· Educational Development in the Northwest. Ex-Lieutenant-Governor R. S. Robertson.
· The London Times. Hon. Charles K. Tuckerman.
· Old Trinity Chimes. C. H. Crandall.
· The Territory West of the Mississippi River. Judge William A. Wood.
· History of the United States in Paragraphs. Colonel Charles Ledyard Norton, I, II & III.
· Description of Monticello, Home of Jefferson. John Bach McMaster.
· Commodore MacDonough Presented with the Freedom of the City of New York
· Use of the Imagination in History. Frederic Allison Tupper.
· European Ideas concerning Now Orleans, 1761
· The Ingham Portrait of DeWitt Clinton. Mrs. Martha J. Lamb.
· Colonial Memories and Their Lessons. Mrs. C. V. R. Erving.
· Rejection of Monroe’s Treaty. Henry Adams.
· The Old and the New in History. W. I. Crandall.
· Hull’s Surrender of Detroit, 1812. Samuel C. Clarke.
· Rev. Charles H. Parkhurst, D.D. A Pen Portrait
· Did the Norse Discover America? B.H. Dubois.
· The Youth of George Washington. Doctor Toner.
· Andrew Jackson and David Crockett. H. S. Turner.
· Historical Reminiscences of Our New Parks. Fordham Morris.
· Lieutenant-General John Maunsell, 1724—1795. Rev. Maunsellsell Van Rensselaer, D.D.
· America Must be Called Columbia. Edward A. Oldham.
· King George’s Personal Policy in England. Edward F. de Lancey
· Relations between the United States and Japan. Rev. William Elliot Griffs, D.D.
· An Hour with Daniel Webster. Hon. Horatio King.
· Unpublished Letter, July 1, 1779. Storming of Stony Point
· Unpublished Letter, June 29, 1780. Military Operations
· Unpublished Letter, August 26, 1814. Burning of Washington, D.C.
· The Duplessis Portrait of Franklin. R. A. Oswald.
· Old King Hendrick. W.M. Beauchamp.
· Antique China Water Pitcher, 1775. Richard Dillard, M.D.
Condition: Hardcover, Ex-Lib-usual stamps/marks. Covers are very worn, corners and edges bumped and bared, scuffed, soiled, pieces missing; book plate inside front cover; spine seam near front is cracked so first few pages are completely lose in volume; spine seam inside back cover is cracked so cover a little lose; rest of text is intact; text has soiled specks, smudges, age discoloring and some tears; few marks, several pages have chipped edges and small pieces missing; overall a worn copy but a readable copy.
Shipping & Handling/Payment: Bound Printed Matter with dc, $4.25 to $5.25, depending on zip, USA (not negotiable). (Periodicals and Magazines with advertising can not ship media mail according to USPS regulations). If insurance is not included in s&h charges, it is extra and recommended as Seller is not responsible for uninsured items. F.O.B. Miller, SD. Next day shipping (except Sat.) with money orders. With checks (US only) item held 10-12 days (no exceptions). International s&h will be quoted & you must contact me before bidding – International payment by International money order in US dollars and drawn on a US Bank. Email will be sent at auction end, please acknowledge within three days and payment to be received within 10 days. SD residents add 6% sales tax. NO PAYPAL. Multiple Purchases will be combined up to 15 pounds (Bound Printed Matter weight limit) to save on shipping & handling charges. Multiple Purchases will be combined to save on Shipping and Handling Charges. Thanks for looking.
Whatnots Books & Etc (licensed used book store)
50,000 Books & Magazines for Sale. Specializing in South Dakota Books.