Title: The Collecting Net 1939 - 11 issues
March – Hurricane Number & Vol. XIV No. 1-10, July 8 – Sept. 9, No. 2 July 15
Categories: Magazines Back Issues Science Marine Biology
Publication Information: The Collecting Net is published weekly for ten weeks between July 1 and Sept. 15 from Woods Hole, Massachusetts and is printed at The Darwin Press, New Bedford, Mass.
Additional Information: Issues have some illustrations and ads. March issue has 60 pages. Other issues are numbered consecutively starting with page 1- 224.
Summary: Is a weekly publication devoted to the scientific work at marine biological laboratories. March 1939 issue is the Hurricane Number, complete issue covers the hurricane with articles and photos. Some of the articles in other issues are:
• Biological Exploration in the Pacific Ocean
• Polyploidy in Amphibians
• Recent Cruises of the “Atlantis”
• Sexuality and Related Problems in Paramecium
• Blood and Respiratory Ability of Fresh Water Fish
• Cell Division and Differentiation in Living Plant Meristems
• Neutral Basis of Social Behavior in Vertebrates
• Future Plans and Policies of the Marine Biological Laboratory
• Vitamins A and Vision
• The Effects of Lack of Oxygen and of Low Oxygen Tensions on Some Protozoa
• Biochemical Aspects of Experimental Morphology
• Experiments on the Production of Haploid Salamander Larvae
• The Relation of Cell to Organ in Plant Development
• Living Cells in Action
• An Artificial Nucleus in a Non-Nucleate Half-Egg
• Mechanism of Membrane Elevation in Egg of Nereis limbata
Condition: Issues possible ex-lib didn’t see any marks but are bound in a cardboard file folder. The Hurricane Issue is the first one and is starting to pull free of the binding – it is held in by the front and back paper covers rest of issue is coming loose. Other issues are still bond in ok. Issues have paper covers. Show slight wear, some bent corner tips, hint of soiling but overall all good plus.
Shipping & Handling/Payment: Bound Printed Matter with insurance, $6.75-$9.25. BPM shipping goes by zone and has been calculated at the highest price which is the zone furthest zone from me. The s&h will be adjusted to the correct zone after payment is made. A refund will be issued for excessive overcharges. If you want to know before purchasing what the actual cost will be please email me. (Periodicals and Magazines with advertising cannot ship media mail according to USPS regulations). If insurance is not included in s&h charges, it is extra and recommended as Seller is not responsible for uninsured items. F.O.B. Miller, SD. Next day shipping (except Fri. & Sat.) with money orders. With checks (US only) item held 10-12 days (no exceptions). Paypal the next day (Mon-Thurs) after I have received notification. Multiple Purchases will be combined up to 15 pounds (Bound Printed Matter weight limit) again please contact me for the correct amount, excessive overcharges will be refunded. SD residents will be charged 6 ½% sales tax. Thanks for looking.
I Appreciate Your Business. To avoid any conflicts PLEASE be sure to READ all details about the item in the entire listing. If you have any questions in regards to the item please ask. No question is too trivial. Thank-You for checking out my item.
Whatnots Books & Etc (licensed used book store)
50,000 Books & Magazines for Sale. Specializing in South Dakota Books.